Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Major Irritations

I had this post about spelling and grammar mistakes on signboards and posters, and I'd mentioned it was fun collecting them. This wasn't. The majority of the pictures here are from newspapers, and cost-cutting methods seem to have resulted in absolutely useless people called proofreaders being sacked. It's a sad, sad world.






It makes sense, although probably not in the way they intended.




I think proper grammar ought to be introduced.




Investigations have revealed that this person sucks at grammar.




Fishy.




Behold, the Chennai Kings of Supper!



What a yucky world.



This one was fun. I wonder what they teach.
Disclaimer: The images are shaky because my phone camera refuses to ever cooperate with me. I am trying to figure out what I did to provoke that sort of revenge.


13 comments:

  1. Hahaha. And mistakes like these will probably go unnoticed. Or be taken as "correct" English.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its called OCD - I once "corrected" the time of all the clocks in my friend's house once because they were all running 5 mins slow. :-l

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Varun: Yes, that thought keeps me awake at night.
    @Nick: Yeah, maybe this is OCD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or maybe it's just being particular. Hey, one man's OCD is another man's perfectionist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. True. Even if this is OCD, I'm going to keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in a dilemma, whether to laugh at your findings, or cry at the errors.

    So i shall do both. :p

    hahaha :'(.

    It is saddening however, that these instances have become commonplace today, rather than the occasional error.

    Great blog, by the way. Really enjoyed going through it.
    Here's looking forward to more from you!

    - Epistemic Apollyon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, you made my day! :)
    And the emoticon's epic. I'm going to use that a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think its called "Hinglish" or the "Indian English". I once pointed out that meantime was not a word, but ought to be written as mean time and was laughed at ....

    Congrats on the blogadda pick

    ReplyDelete
  9. Extremely funny but serious mistakes. Great that you pointed them out. Congrats on the blogadda pick

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Phoenixritu: No, I respect Hinglish. It has a character of it's own. These are just evidence of growing carelessness in newspapers. Thanks a lot for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Sliceofmylife: Thanks a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! Seems like publisher's MS Word is outdated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Prateek: Probably. :P
    @Phoenixritu: Oh wait, that should have been "its", not "it's".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...